Backers can process a refund for their transaction made to a crowdfunding campaign on Angel10s, provided a campaign is live and not ended, the perk claimed has not been fulfilled, and the funds have not been disbursed to the campaigner.
For campaigns in InDemand, backers can request a refund from Angel10s within 10 days of the transaction provided the InDemand page is live, the perk has not been fulfilled, and the funds have not been disbursed to the campaigner..
When are contributions not eligible for a refund?
Contributions cannot be refunded by Angel10s, if any of the following are true:
• The contribution funds have already been transferred to the campaign owner
• The campaign has ended
• The perk associated with the contribution has been fulfilled (Order is marked as fulfilled on Angel10s by the Campaigner)
I’m eligible for a refund. How do I request one?
You can initiate a refund directly from your confirmation email or Angel10s account. To process a refund, please contact at email@example.com. Refunds will be issued based on the payment method used to make the contribution, and may take up to 5 business days to appear on your statement. If you contributed to a fixed funding campaign that did not met its goal, your refund will be sent automatically within 5-7 business days of the campaign’s deadline.
I’m not eligible for a refund but I want one. What do I do?
For campaigns that have ended, where the funds have already been sent to the campaign owner, or in all other cases where an order is not eligible for a refund via Angel10s, backers should contact the campaign owner directly regarding refunds.
• Please note: In cases where the funds have been disbursed to the campaigner and are therefore not eligible for a refund via Angel10s, the campaigner and backer will have to work out the method for refunds, off platform.
• The campaigner will be unable to issue refunds electronically via Angel10s back to the original credit card used. Instead, you’ll need to work with the campaigner to determine the method of receiving refunds, off of Angel10s, that works best for you both.
What happens if I canceled the credit card I used to make my original contribution? How will I get my refund?
Your refunded contribution will still get sent back to your original credit card’s issuing bank without issue. The issuing bank will determine how to get the funds to you:
• If there is a balance owed on the card, it offsets the balance.
• If you opened up a different card, the issuer usually transfers the credit to the new account.
• Sometimes the issuer will cut a check to the customer.
• Regardless of which way the issuing bank handles this, the card issuer will handle reimbursing the backer. We recommend reaching out to your issuing bank if you have any questions about how you will be receiving a refund sent to your canceled credit card.
I haven’t seen the refund credited to my credit card, what should I do?
If you processed a refund through your Angel10s account, and have not yet seen the refund as a credit on your credit card statement within 5 business days, please contact us at angel10s.com/contact.
If you contributed to a fixed funding campaign that did not meet its goal and you did not receive your refund within the 5-7 business day timeframe please contact Angel10s support at angel10s.com/contact. It’s possible that your bank has a policy preventing the refund or that we’re unable to refund to the card you used, such as a STAR card.
I’m a campaign owner. Can I refund backers when they ask?
Please note, we are unable to cancel your campaign or issue mass refunds for any campaign that has raised funds. All campaigns that have raised funds must be kept live in order to preserve your campaign information and backer details.